The self flushing inline 3-Way dosing valve is used to neutralise tailings or to control the PH of the medium. Typically, rock lime (alkaline) in a ring main is continuously pumped around the circuit because it tends to settle and separate. Normally a Tee-piece is inserted into the line (called a take-off line) and the flow is controlled with a standard valve, for example, a knife or butterfly valve. When the valve is closed the line is filled up with the stagnant lime and blocks. The dosing valve eliminates this by being located directly in the ring main. As the valve opens the vertical take-off line fills up. When closed the line gravity flushes and therefore does not leaving a pocket in the pipe to solidify.
Material of Construction
- Various materials of construction to suit the specific process requirement.
- Typically, the body and bonnet are rubberlined mild steel and phenoline painted or full stainless steel.
- Polyurethane seat.
- Polyurethane or Tungsten Carbide plug.
- Variety of sizes customised to application.
- Typically, mainline from 200 mm to 600 mm and,
- Take-off from 20 mm to 100 mm
- Customised to match customer line and dosing requirements.
- Control or on/off.
- eDART Actuator.
- Smart (HART, Profibus, Foundation Fieldbus), Electro-Pneumatic (4 – 20 mA) or Pneumatic (20 – 100 kPa) Positioner choices.
- Lime dosing lines slaking.
- Reagent dosing.